The mission of the American College of Medical Quality is to provide leadership and education in healthcare quality management.
To accomplish our mission the objectives are four-fold:
- To educate and provide a forum for health care professionals, government agencies, and other regulatory bodies involved in medical quality management;
- To provide a core body of knowledge to health care professionals in the field of medical quality management;
- To elevate the standards of medical schools and post-graduate education in medical quality management;
- To conduct and sponsor on-going research and evaluation in the various fields of medical quality.
ACMQ is The Organization for healthcare professionals responsible for providing leadership in quality and safety outcomes, who want or need the tools, experience and expertise to improve the quality and safety of patient care.
Membership in ACMQ provides you with a gateway to resources, programs, professional development opportunities and a greater recognition of quality issues by the entire healthcare field.
We do this by supplying members with our peer reviewed Journal; access to a network of the top minds in the field; and the premier annual conference for the quality community. Unlike other specialty organizations we focus exclusively on your quality team and its success as shown by ACMQ‘s 40-year legacy of pioneering support for the implementation and innovation of quality based medicine.
The American College of Medical Quality was founded in Pennsylvania in 1973 as the American College of Utilization Review Physicians. In 1991 the name was changed to the American College of Medical Quality to reflect the evolving changes in the specialty. Annual Founders Award winners have included such influential contributors to the specialty as Avedis Donabedian, Paul Batalden, Robert Brook, Margaret O'Kane, and Kenneth Kizer.
(click here to find out more about ACMQ's Committees)
Code of Ethics
Board of Trustees
- Prathibha Varkey, MD, MPH, MHPE, MBA
- Mark Lyles, MD, MBA, FACMQ
- Donald E. Casey, Jr MD, MPH
- John Vigorita, MD, MHA, DFACMQ
- Henry C. L. Johnson, Jr., MD, MPH
- James D. Cross, MD, FACMQ
Immediate Past President
- Alan J. Krumholz, MD, FAAP, DFACMQ
Committee Chairs, AMA Delegation, SR Section, At Large
- Paul Nagy, PhD
2016 Scientific Program Committee
- Nancy Davis, PhD
- Jessica White, MD, CMQ
- Claudio Loffreda-Mancinelli, MD, MMM
- Donald E. Casey Jr. MD, MPH, DFACMQ
- Beverly Collins, MD, MBA, DFACMQ
Alternative AMA Delegate
- Jerry Abraham, MD, MPH
Chair, Student and Resident Section