Abstracts submissions now open for MQ 2019
ACMQ is now accepting abstracts for Medical Quality 2019, Focusing on Quality and Safety Disparities in Value-Based Health Care. The submission deadline is January 14, 2019 by 11:59 pm EST.
Abstracts Submission Website
Click here for the Abstracts Submission website.
Subject categories for submission are:
- Descriptive innovation: Description of a new model or innovation to improve quality or safety.
- Report or case study: Similar to a case report in clinical medicine, this can be a report of a demonstration, perhaps use of a national database to improve care, increase safety, etc. Example: Use of NSQIP data to decrease ventilator days and pneumonia in the ICU.
- Descriptive analytic study: Analysis of a population of interest using statistical methods to uncover variations in care, quality, or safety. Example: Use of NSQIP data to decrease ventilator days and pneumonia in the ICU.
- Comparative Study: A study with or without intervention that compares two (or more) groups. Example: Improved prenatal and postpartum visit compliance and breastfeeding rates in pregnancy texting program participants.
All posters selected for presentation at the meeting will be entered into competition for Best Poster and Best Trainee Poster awards.
- There are two 75-minute concurrent oral paper sessions currently scheduled for Saturday, April 13, 2019. These sessions will include presentations derived from the top-ranked abstracts following review. An author must register and present a 12-minute session (you will have 10 minutes for the lecture and two minutes for Q&A). If you are not selected for an oral presentation, you will still be eligible for a poster presentation.
- ACMQ does not permit posters to be displayed without at least one author being in attendance at the annual meeting. At least one author of an accepted physical poster must register, attend in person, and present a short (approximately five-minute) presentation to the poster judging committee during the scheduled poster session.
Online Abstract Submissions Instructions::
Click here for detailed instructions on submitting an abstract.
Tips for Writing a Good Abstract: